Business and Investment Case
The way we grow matters.
Despite record investment in better roads and public transport, high population growth on Melbourne's expanding urban fringe has driven many households further from employment centres and services, leading to longer commutes, increased traffic congestion and more crowded public transport.
By 2056, Melbourne is expected to be the size of London today.
The SRL Business and Investment Case shows how building Suburban Rail Loop will address these challenges and ensure our city and state remains highly productive, well-connected and liveable for future generations.
- Appendix B1: SRL Precinct Location Options Assessment Summary
- Appendix B2: SRL Station Location Options Assessment Summary
- Appendix B3 Part A: SRL Precinct Development Framework
- Appendix B3 Part B: SRL Precinct Development Framework Case Study Compendium
- Appendix B4: Urban Design Framework
- Appendix C1: Demand modelling report
- Appendix C2: Economic appraisal